Death registration has been done in the State of Haryana as per Birth & Death Registration Act and Haryana Birth & Death Registration ruling. Accordingly every Death is to be reported and registered within 21 days at the place of its occurrence in the prescribed reporting forms.
When the Death has taken place in a house
Head of the house or nearest relative of the head of the House or oldest person in the family or AnganwadiSewika or Chawkidar are also responsible to inform the concerned registrar for the event.
When the Death has taken place outside the house
1. When occurrence took place in a Sadar Hospital/Sub-Divisional Hospital/Medical College Hospital/Referral Hospital people will get certification of Death from the same concern as the deputy superintendent of the hospitals and officers In-charge of Referral Hospital and PHCs are denoted as registrar for their jurisdiction.
2. In Maternity Home and other like Institution: Medical officer In-charge is responsible to inform the occurrence to concerned registrar and will obtain death certificate from the registrar and hand it over the person. The Medical Officer in-charge can take a self addressed stamp envelop from the attendant of the deceased.
3. In a Jail: Jail In-charge is informer.
4. In a Dharmshala, Boarding House etc: Person In-charge is informer.
5. In a Moving Vehicle: Person In-charge of the Vehicle is informer.
6. Found deserted in a public place: Headman of the Village/In-charge of the local police station are informer.